Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Day 26......... Monday was "Fun Day"





First, I want to share a little insight on why we needed to talk with Angela about Ray’s dog, MoJo! It really has little to do with MoJo and more about the dogs here in Ukraine. It’s like nothing I’ve ever seen before….. dogs run in packs here like wolves. Seriously, 4-5 on each corner…… and the stray cats are like squirrels in America. It’s the most bizarre thing I have ever seen….. I have a whole new respect for the SPCA and our rules to keep our dogs on leashes….. As most of you know, my “Kallie Girl” was quite the watch dog and I had to constantly watch her with just about everyone! Angela understands that she needs to respect MoJo’s territory and rightly so!

Went for a long walk today….. needed some air and sunshine….. Beautiful shots of the harbour for your enjoyment.... notice all the Russian naval and cargo ships. Headed to the Desky Dohm for our daily visit. Took our assortment of sidewalk chalk brought from home that amazingly made the trip with no breakage! It was a lot of fun!!! We decorated the entrance and sidewalk within the grounds…. Afterwards, Yanna and I played hopscotch while some of the boys and Angela rode bikes. I can’t tell you how many years it’s been since I have played hopscotch….. guess I’d better get used to it! Dinner with Chad and Wendy and Sergei - was nice to be out after dark!!!

We took a new card game today – “Go Fish”. I know, not so new…… the girls were familiar with how to play and even though it’s a bit amateurish for them. Angela asked if we would leave the deck until tomorrow….. it’s cute how the simplest of games entertains them so easily.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too much fun!! Glad to see you all out having some family fun time! Angela is such a gem---we love hearing about her dicoveries and adventures! Already the 26th of February---you're almost home so continue to enjoy the adventure--whatever that may be! Charlie enjoyed his surprise birthday getaway to the Virginia countryside/vineyards and Erin is 11 today! Time does fly! Enjoy the final days of your special journey--The Wilson's

Anonymous said...

Oh so much fun. The kiddos keep you on you toes. Glad that you had an amazing time with all of them. They really crave the attention.

So how does it feel to me a parent? Pam. I told you, you would be great at it.

Love the pictures. Beautiful
God Bless
The count down is coming to an end.
Gail

teri said...

Sidewalk chalk is one of my favorites. Next to crayons and markers. I have also renewed my kickball and soccer skills... Playing with little kids is so much fun! Glad you are enjoying hopscotch. We have been practicing, I will show you some clever jump-turns when you get home. We have been getting very creative - even the boys are into it.

Glad your days have laughter and games!