Saturday, February 2, 2008

Still in Kiev





Happy Birthday Teri!

Hello all - We were unable to get a flight out of Kiev for today so we are spending one more day here and will leave Sunday AM for Sevastopol.... It's actually fine with us because we really wanted another day to explore this incredible city! We can't go to the orphanage until Monday anyway....... that will be a great post!!!

We've not had the pleasure of eating out yet. We bought some food the first day and have been enjoying quiet dinners at our apartment. It's been fun cooking together in our tiny kitchen and being creative with the few things we purchased. (and yes, I am glad I brought my spices from home :) Our Russian is improving and we feel like we will be ready to converse a little with Angela in her language. Len has been dedicated to writing in our journal (thank you Becky!) daily.... our book is in process!! :) Pam has been knitting while he writes and, of course, keeps the music, incense and candles going! We're really enjoying our time.
We're going to explore the Opera House today (thanks to Eric's post) and a few more cathedrals - they are really spectacular! It's another sunny day here and the weather has been much warmer than we expected. (35 degrees plus) We'll upload pictures from Sevastopol......

We hear Becker is eating well and that all is in order at the home front! Thanks Megan and Jamie.

We'll try to post again tomorrow once we get settled if not, Monday after we meet our
"little one".

Love, Pam and Len

5 comments:

Unknown said...

All this experience sounds wonderful so far. Hope the graces stay with you as you continue the journey to the orphanage. We are thinking of you both. Sounds like you are stopping and smelling the roses along the way. Love, Sheri and Mark

Anonymous said...

My mom sent me the link to your site, I think it's a great idea and it's fun to catch up on what you're doing! I can't wait to meet her, though I understand my height and dashing good lucks could overwhelm her, so I'll wait until I get your invite :)

Haha, glad you're enjoying your trip, I'm sure it will only get better and better

Jackie G said...

I am so happy for all of you! Just started reading the Blog today and this is so exciting being able to hear about your journey as it happens day to day. Received the text message about meeting Angela today! Bless you all! Jackie G

Disregard the email from me today about Blog Address, obviously I have it!

teri said...

Well, your text beat me to reading this, so things have progressed wonderfully. Can't wait to get some pictures!!! Nice to know serendipity is on your side.

Are you reading e-mail as well??? Curious.

Next post will be so exciting...can't wait.

Love ya, Teri and Chels

Unknown said...

Happy to hear that all is going well, including the weather! Keep the updates coming, and we anxiously await your return with "the little one".