Friday, February 1, 2008

SDA Appointment

Hello Again! What a great day! Woke up to sunshine and an optimistic outlook. Our appointment went great. Our facilitator could not go in with us but there was a translator from the SDA that communicated between us and the psychologist. Both women were very nice and pleased to hear our attempts at Russian!! :) The meeting lasted no more than ten minutes. They asked how we knew of Angela and were very happy to hear about the photos we had sent her and the letters she had written us. She indicate that this would make things much easier for Angela. They said they would do their best to process the papers today so we could head to the region. That was that. Once outside, we went inside St. Andrews cathedral, an 18th Century Italian Renaissance design. It's a very old community filled with vendors and artists. Victor confirmed that the paperwork would be ready later today. So we'll buy our tickets and head to Sevastopol tomorrow morning!!! 1 1/2 hour plane ride and 1 1/2 hour drive from Simferpol and then we'll be able to get settled for our extended stay. Thanks so much for your comments - we love hearing from you!!! Love Pam and Len

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is exciting that you will soon be with Angela. Your family is in my prayers for these days. Please tell Angela hello and big hug from Regan and Chris.
Thanks, Chris and Regan Watkins

Anonymous said...

God is so amazing. I can't wait for you to meet her. I can't wait for you to see her excitement.
Give her a big hug from us Nealey's

Prayers and blessings.
Gail
http://gmnealey.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am so glad things are going so smoothly. It is great getting to go through this with you rather than hearing it when it is all over with! I am sure you are ready to give her a big hug! Give her one from me and the girls.
Molly, Jessie and Maria

teri said...

Well, I never thought about the apt change, hope your luck holds out and the next lodging spot is lovely and homey. So excited to hear it is going well. I am sure they were surprised and got a chuckle out of your RUssian! Did you have time to contact MS. Green? Let me know if you want me to mention anything to her! I am sooooo excited! and anxious. Thanks for posting often, this can become adicting! This was a fabulous idea. How is the food? Has Len found a good burger there?happy thoughts your way...love teri

teri said...

Good to hear from you and glad all is going well. Hope your journey continues as well as it is now. I have sent copies of your letter and shared with Becky, Ron, and Sheri. I spoke with Jamie at your house last eve and all is well. Becker is eating all food they give him twice a day. I called Marv and they are glad to know that all is well. Teri will print out copies of blog to mail to Marve and Flo so they are in the loop.

Love, Mother

Anonymous said...

Pam and Len, I am glad to hear that the adoption process is going smothly and you found Victor professional and helpful.

I am always available by phone 877-244-9595 or my cell 408-205-4065 if you need my assistance.

Nana
www.lovingstork.org